How to enable BubbleChat?

Search beforehand please.

The topic is 2 years old, so I’m not sure if it has changed.

Like I said, I already tried this and didn’t work

You should actually search first, the Devhub probably, use this script inside a localscript in Replicated First. Should work.

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat") -- Call ChatService
ChatService:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
	return {BubbleChatEnabled = true} -- Call the API to change its boolean value to true
end)

If you actually looked into it, you see that there are multiple ways.

Also tried this, doesn’t work.

This video will show you how to enable bubble chat.

Like I already said in the previous message, this does not work.

About 2 minutes of searching got me this.

-- this is a local script in Replicated First
local Chat = game:GetService("Chat") 

Chat:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
	return {
		BubbleChatEnabled = true
	}
end)

This post created by @colbert2677 has a bunch of stuff you can learn from.

Use the search-bar.

2 Likes

This was already recommended and I already said it doesn’t work.

Please read before trying to teach me to use the search bar.
Thanks

How does the script, “not work”? Are you sure you inserted a local script in ReplicatedFirst?

Yes, I’m sure. Double checked more than a few times now

Hello! There was previously a simple method to get the Bubble Chat which consisted in copying all childrens in “Chat” when running your game in Studio. Sadly, this method isn’t working anymore.

Here’s a file containing two childrens of “Chat”, which are working. Simply add these two folders into “Chat” and your Bubble Chat will work.

RoblowBubbleChat.rbxm (5.0 KB)

Easy to follow guide directly from an official source. Let me know if this doesn’t work.

Someone send this script already, and according to @AvionicScriptthis it is not working.

@Arlenox @AvionicScript

I just tested the above DevHub method and it worked for me. This allows you to enable bubble chat without forking anything.

Please do the following if this has not been resolved:

• Show us your Workspace
  • Post a screenshot of the contents of the Script
  • Inform us how you are testing (Start Server/Start Player, Play Solo, Going to the game on the website and pressing play)

We want to assist, but we need more info!

How to enable Bubble Chat:

• Go in Studio
  • Press Play
  • Go in Chat and copy ClientChatModules while still playing
  • Press Stop
  • Paste ClientChatModules in Chat
  • Go in the Settings module
  • Go to BubbleChatEnabled and delete the whole line after it, it should be something like this:
    game.Players.BubbleChat
  • Replace it with true

Don’t do that, that’s very bad. You shouldn’t fork an entire system just to change one setting, that’s horrible.

Using the RegisterChatCallback function of the Chat service is a much better solution.

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat") -- Call ChatService. ChatService:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function(). return {BubbleChatEnabled = true} -- Call the API to change its boolean value to true.   
end)

Make this a local script in Replicated First.

Look in the DevHub the script is already there.

You are saying that the post provided by the other members here doesn’t work, yet we don’t know how or where you put the LocalScript. With a bit more information, we will be able to help you.

We are doing our best to help you.