How to enable the Virtual Cursor on Gamepad automatically via scripting?

Hello,

I am making a plate cleaning minigame where you move your mouse from one side of the screen to the other. I found out about the Virtual Cursor thingy for gamepads and wanted to give it a try. It’s working very well, though I have to push a button on the gamepad everytime I want it to enable. Is there a way for it to automatically enable when the minigames starts? If so, please tell me how would I go about it.

I have looked on both DevForum and DevHub, but found little to nothing.

If this doesn’t work out I still have some alternative solutions up my sleeve, so it’s not that big of a deal.

TL;DR: I want to enable the Gamepad Virtual Cursor automatically via a script without having to tap the button on the gamepad manually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Just in case you never figured this out and because I also had a difficult time finding it, you can use the GamepadService’s EnableGamepadCursor: GamepadService | Roblox Creator Documentation

You can also disable it using the DisableGamepadCursor function.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot man, it works! Frankly, I would not expect anyone to respond to this thread and it’s been a long time since I actually needed this answered, but it will come in handy with my future projects and save me time looking this problem up again. (if I dare to make another console supported project)

Thanks again and take your solution, you deserve it.

1 Like

Hey!

Gamepad cursor APIs were released recently. You can see the details here: Gamepad Virtual Cursor: APIs

Feel free to DM me if you have any trouble with Virtual Cursor, I’m happy to help!

1 Like