How to export text?

I’m working on a text editor game at the moment. I’m wondering what the best way for someone to export their document would be. All I can really think of is copy and paste. On some roblox clients, such as the windows 10 version you can’t copy and paste. Could I direct them to a link which would house their text? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

My initial thought would be that you could post their text to a webhook on a discord server or something. Maybe that would help you out?

I thought of that, but felt it would be to complex. Do you think somehow I could give them like a pastebin link to go to?

I’m pretty sure you can copy paste TextBoxes. You just have to make it so it doesn’t ClearOnFocus.

I can on the normal version of roblox that you run from the browser, but can’t on mobile and the mircrosoft store version.

Feel like that’s something Roblox should fix, but in that case I suggest doing something with exporting the text through a webhook of some sort.

I don’t know of a good user friendly method of doing that. I think for now I’m going to have people use it as a notepad instead of a text editor.

Found this: Pastebin 101 by KiansJet
I’ll read through it and see if I can figure it out.

This sounds like a bad idea. It’s against the code of conduct to link to or direct someone to an external website.

Fair point. A lot of people do it with their discord and other things. Probably better for me to consider other options.

1 Like

Here’s an idea, but it will probably go over poorly with all of Roblox’s separate moderation systems. You could create a bot account that sends a private message to the person. But then if someone reports the bot to death (or if it gets automatically dinged) then it will be ruined for everyone.

That would be a good solution, but it would be harder to copy the text on mobile and also would be a lot of work to make which I’m not sure I want to do.