How to find a backdoor that is hidden?

It’s pretty hard for me, I’ve been looking at things in my game for hours and still found no backdoors. Where would it be hidden? I tried looking into different services, still nothing.

I did find an InsertionHash under InsertService, but I’m not sure what it’s used for. I tried using plug-ins to help me find the backdoor, it does not help at all.

The exploit that happened in the game was a sound playing for everyone (it was placed under Workspace), the chat was also affected because every player once in a while says random things, and guis pops up to everyone sometimes.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1 Like

in the Explorer, type in Script and it should filter all the scripts inside of the game. You can use this to see if there is an underlying script somewhere that you never placed, and you can remove that script.

I’ve done all that before I made a post. I did this for hours so that’s one thing I’ve definitely done.

did you already do the LuaSourceContainer scan on all the services?

try pressing Ctrl+Shift+F and then searching for the word require, that should give you a list of scripts requiring any module scripts

Yes, I’ve already done that. That’s what I mean when I searched for scripts, I did it manually and using the menu. Searched for fenv, require, string.reverse, InsertService, etc.

What’s the LuaSourceContainer?

You can follow my guide here to get all of the scripts in your place by comparing them to scripts in an empty place: Exploiters crashing my servers, cause unknown - #9 by IdiomicLanguage

Note that you may not always be able to see a script’s source because it has set the “LinkedSource” property in which case you need to insert the referred to asset to see the actual source.

Would you be able to share your Discord contact through DevForum message? I’m a bit confused on how to work on this.

So I did the compare the scripts to an empty place, nothing seems out of place still.