How to find formula for maximum distance for specified WalkSpeed?

Is there any formula that can tell me the maximum distance a 16 or 12 or 100 WalkSpeed user can walk without stopping within a specified time?

Example:
1 Second on 16 WalkSpeed = Bla Distance

2 Likes

1 second on 16 walkspeed = 16 studs.

5 Likes

o…

im dumb

3 Likes

You’re fine, when I learned that I had to actually check it with a script. If you want, you can check it yourself like this, make sure the output is open.

while true do
wait(.5)
print(game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.HumanoidRootPart.Velocity.Magnitude)
end
5 Likes

Actually, this isn’t necessarily true. Friction, user weight, and the kind of part or terrain you are walking on can heavily influence both your speed and velocity.

The most common example would be ice terrain, which causes you to slip around when walked upon.

1 Like

Less friction causes dampened acceleration, yes. But IIRC, the maximum speed you can move is still walkspeed in studs per second. You just reach that speed slower.

2 Likes

Also, allow for variations in height. If you walk off a cliff, you’ll be moving much faster than 16 studs/s (though your horizontal movement is still capped at 16 studs/s unless you trip).

I’m not sure, but doesn’t falling slightly decrease horizontal movement speed’s cap? Like I said, I’m not sure about this, but I remember it this way for some reason.

I scripted it for X and Z axis only :wink:

Hey there’s an issue. Laggy players tend to go over this limit which ruins my script. How can I find the maximum distance for the laggiest player? (To ensure it works for all players)

Finding a client’s ping can be tricky. If an exploiter wanted, they could delay their ping back to the server in order to give themselves a more lenient distance allowance. What you could do is keep multiple previous records of player positions, so if a player only travels 8 studs on check 1, but 24 studs on check 2, with a walkspeed of 16, the two would equal the allowance of 32 studs over 2 seconds. Of course people may stutter for more than a few seconds, so you may want to keep record of 5 or 10 per player depending on your memory usage and performance preferences.

Indeed, but it could severely reduce the maximum distance that he is trying to calculate, depending on the timeframe provided.