How to fix error code 769?

Hello! I’m making Roblox in Roblox and I’m trying to make the play button teleport player to another game, but… “Cannot teleport in studio” so I published and played in the real Roblox and: “Error code: 769”. How do I fix it?

3 Likes

Before making a topic you should always google it
here is the google defination
“A 769 error can occur if the a game requires you to have additional privileges or administrator access on your computer in order to install the game . If you receive a 772 error or if the 769 error persists it may help to reinstall the Game Manager and/or adjust your firewall settings.”

2 Likes

1st. I looked at google and I couldn’t find.
2nd. I don’t know how to fix.
3rd. It’s a teleportation error.

2 Likes

Could you potentially showcase the script you’re using to achieve this? We would be able to assist you further if you do so.

Quickly looking at this before you send the script, is the assumption of mine that you’re trying to teleport to a game that’s not owned by you correct? If so, make sure you’re using :TeleportAsync

(prove me if I’m wrong) I believe this is due to you being in studio, in which Studio doesn’t want to teleport you to a different game as maybe it can result in you leaving your current place in Studio and lose your progress. In order to test the teleport, I just go to the actual game on the Roblox website and test it from there

local TeleportService = game:GetService("TeleportService")
local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local playerGui = Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")

local placeId = 1324061305 -- replace here
local loadingGui = ReplicatedStorage:FindFirstChild("LoadingGui") -- replace here

-- parent the loading gui for this place
loadingGui.Parent = playerGui

-- set the loading gui for the destination place
TeleportService:SetTeleportGui(loadingGui)

-- teleport the user
script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	TeleportService:Teleport(placeId)
end)
1 Like

I did it but it’s said “Error code: 769”

You’re trying to set a loadingGui for Flicker (1324061305). I assume you don’t own Flicker though, meaning you can’t place a loading gui in the destination game. You don’t have permission to.

Remove that line and let me know if the error subsides.

Ok. I’m just making Roblox in Roblox. I want to teleport people to other games in game.

Of course, and that’s possible. You could set the loadingGui in your game as you seem to be doing with:

local loadingGui = ReplicatedStorage:FindFirstChild("LoadingGui") -- replace here

-- parent the loading gui for this place
loadingGui.Parent = playerGui

But because you’re attempting to set a teleportGui with :Teleport on a place you don’t own the request probably won’t go through.

1 Like

I still got error after removing that line.

Oh. How do I teleport players to another game I don’t own?
Is there actually a way?

I mean, keeping it simple you could always do this:

TeleportService:Teleport(1324061305)
end)

I don’t really ever use :Teleport, instead I usually use :TeleportAsync, so I’m not 100% sure on the inner workings of :Teleport. It states that it can be called from either the server or the client, which should be working with this.

Despite this, you’ll notice on the :Teleport dev wiki page, it states TeleportAsync should be used instead. Try the following instead with a RemoteEvent.

game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:FireServer(1324061305) -- place id
end)
local Players = game:GetService("Players")

game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(plr, placeId)
	TeleportService:TeleportAsync(placeId, {plr})
end)

None of those worked. :frowning:

Chars.

You must allow Third Party Teleports in you game. Game Settings → Security → Allow Third Party Teleports → On

3 Likes