How to get started using Blender

Hello, everyone. I just downloaded Blender today to try and get started using it, as it appears to be a necessity for building on ROBLOX. However, I’m finding it extremely frustrating. It’s nothing like Studio, and I don’t know if you can change the control and whatnot. Anyways, does anyone have any good recommendations for a youtube series to get started watching on how to use blender? If there is a series that focuses on how to use it for ROBLOX, that’d be great, if not, whatever you recommend. Thanks.

4 Likes

I personally found this youtuber called Blender Guru useful. He creates many useful 3D models that you could implement into your games. He does have a series for beginners where he goes over all of the UI that may seem intimidating to newcomers, but those tutorials were from last year and may be outdated in the current versions of Blender. Even then, his tutorials are great ways to learn how to create masterpieces :slight_smile:

I hope this helped!! I wish you the best of luck on your journey :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just like most things you get better at blender with practice! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but I’m getting frustrated by the controls and setup, so I’m not encouraged to practice.

1 Like

Yes, I started watching his videos, and I’ve finished the first two. I was just wondering if there were any videos concerning ROBLOX.

2 Likes

If you want to learn how to create low-poly models, I would suggest watching CG Geek. He creates low-poly builds from islands to cars :slight_smile: There are many youtubers that create low-poly builds so you have a plethora of options :smiley:

3 Likes

Blender is much more advanced than Roblox Studio. It will take you a week to efficently use basic controls, at which point you may begin messing around and practicing using Blender.

It will take months to properly use Blender, and a good amount of time dedication to make good models. But if you put your mind to it, you will be able to progress.

2 Likes

Since your completely new to a 3D software, i would try watching series so it could teach you a bit about “Blender interface” and overall tools and workflow around Blender.

Learning Blender will take patience and time and not something that’ll come overnight i would recommend blender gurus beginner tutorial (donut & mug) is a great place to start, it’s decent and something for beginner user’s. In terms of learning the basic tools, techniques, and curve around blender.

However it will take practice and a little bit of learning. Here is a thread which goes into more depth with tips and useful information it may be something to check out.

1 Like