How To Get Volumetric Lighting

Alright guys I’m gonna make this simple and easy to understand by you

So I try to make volumetric lighting but I not find any good or useful toturial on how to do it properly
I been trying to get something like this picture

Summary

If you guys know how to do it please let me know since this is useful to not just for me but everyone that will be found this thread in future

10 Likes

These two articles may help you:

1 Like

Hey,

Idk how you really want it to look like but you could try beams.
Here a past reply I made on a similar topic:

I hope this will help you. It’s easy as well.

- Cheerful

This can be archived with a little experimenting and a little testing i’m curious this is made with beams or transparent parts.

There is a (volumetric lighting plugin) that’ll allow for you to create those rays a plugin and use different approaches to achieve a similar look. I’m assuming you could use a particle emitter or a transparent part so it looks like casting sunrays (Mainly with beams and using an attachment to approach a certain view point).

While beams can achieve a similar effect, this probably isn’t what your looking for but you can always have a look around and see if that would help achieving a similar look with the volumetric plugin as it has different particles within it that you have to experiment with on your own.

That being said; you may want to look into this thread for creating volumetric lighting it may be something to look into.

1 Like

The images you provided were clearly not made in Roblox studio, and likely use an external rendering program such as Blender. I recommend looking into Blender if you wish to make art like the ones you provided, however in Roblox I suggest reading the suggestions above me. The results won’t be as high-quality, but they will be compatible with Roblox.

Thanks for the tip,the lights do look real but how can you fix the sharp edge/jagged beam it makes at the ground/surface

If you shorten the beam it will end in a parabolic like style meaning it would look better. You will see it when you try it out.

1 Like

I just made a plugin for volumetric lighting. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Man, this looks awesome thank for this ;D

2 Likes