How to go about Singleplayer & Multiplayer

In my game, both Singleplayer and Multiplayer servers are held within the same place via ReservedServers. In my multiplayer mode, the creator of the party has authority over what is done. What I’m concerned about is how to give this information from the hub to the other place.

I’ve looked at TeleportService and tried using this in a LocalScript:

local TeleportService = game:GetService("TeleportService")
local t = TeleportService:GetLocalPlayerTeleportData()

However, this practice is extremely unsafe (exploiters and stuff)

I’ve looked at other solutions like using DataStores with the ReservedServerId as keys for the data, but it seems like a hassle to execute. I’m wondering if there are anymore possible solutions to this before I try and do that.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any other ways of sending data to the different servers aside from HTTP stuff which I doubt you want to go that route for this. If your concerned about the safety of the data and don’t want to use the teleport data option then the next best option is the datastore. Or possibly the newer Memory Store if you don’t need the data to persist.

cc @Emskipo, there is a more secure way.

1 Like

I thought there was a way to get server sided data from teleport service. I’m pretty sure I’ve used it a long time ago. But he said he didn’t want to use teleport service.

I think OP was talking specifically about GetLocalPlayerTeleportData, which only works in a localscript, so you have to send the data over a remote event, which is very easy to exploit. If this other method isn’t safe enough for OP, then they should consider using DataStores or MemoryStores like you mentioned.

But, I’m now wondering exactly how OP has implemented teleporting. They say it’s unsafe for their game to use GetLocalPlayerTeleportData, but if they just send the data only on the creator of the party’s teleport, then they avoid this issue entirely.

1 Like