How to hide joysticks?

I never tryied to hide mobile user’s joysticks but now for a game I would want to hide the player’s joysticks while the loading
The wiki don’t talk about hidding joysticks.
I also noticed that “Modal” is broken
There is no more thing to explain

3 Likes

I don’t know much, but I think if the control disabled, then the controls will disappear. Like the way jump button disappear when you set the JumpPower to 0.

Here’s a reference: How to disable player controls with new PlayerScript layout?

1 Like

You are able to hide touch controls via UserInputService.ModalEnabled. If this is what you mentioned in your thread as broken (please try first, I doubt it’s broken), file a bug report in #platform-feedback:engine-bugs with the steps to reproduce the problem (if you are a new member, you will need to do so via the new member post approval process, as mentioned on the New Member FAQ).

I think it should be better to use that if it worked but

game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All,false) 

Seems to work and for anythings
I don’t know if my post is the solution or your post is the solution…

Your suggested solution will disable all the CoreGui, and I believe it includes the PlayerList, Health, Backpack, and Chat. I think @colbert2677’s solution will work more effectively when only the joysticks want to be hidden.

Yes, but for me, since it’s a for a Loading, it would be better but if we just want to hide joystick, it’s his answer

You didn’t specify or ask anything about hiding the CoreGui in you original question, even though you stated it’s for loading but that doesn’t really mean anything. So, I think his answer will be more relevant, so people can find the suggested solution in a shorter time.

Anyway, mark the one that you think is the most helpful. Happy scripting!

For your information ModalEnabled is broken. As he also mentions here:

While the question was a bit vague the solution he came up with himself seems fair considering it’s a loading screen.

(Just wanted to inform you about the issues with ModalEnabled)

I haven’t personally experienced any issues with ModalEnabled but that may be because I haven’t used it for some time. If ModalEnabled is experiencing a bug, then naturally the right course of action is to file a report.

Already reported by someone else. :slight_smile: