How to hide the source code of my module

Alright, so guys how do I do this without obfuscating code. Is there some way after roblox removed private modules.

There is too little information to work with here. Can you explain your use case for wanting to hide your code?

Well I have a module, I want to hide the code of the module like private module’s, so you know how podtech hides there code, It doesn’t have to be making private modules, just hiding the code of my module

2 Likes

The short answer is that there’s no way to hide the source of modules if you’re distributing them to other people. If they’re on the server and you never give them to anyone, they’ll obviously be secure, but otherwise there’s nothing you can do.

3 Likes

Alright well then how would I do code obfuscation, is there a way to do it with a roblox plugin can you link it down if yes? Or do I need to use a third party source

1 Like

You can manage everything in the server, by using remote events or functions, as @Dekkonot said
(I might be completely wrong here)

1 Like

Oh the problem is I am planning to sell goods like you know airline things ect, not really to prevent exploiters from seing my code

I’m fairly sure that the Plugin Marketplace is the closest thing to a solution that you will get.

There isn’t really a good way to hide source code with modules.

Technically, you could somewhat hide your code for your modules through the use of HttpService and loadstring (or possibly a lua byte code interpreter),but, anything is possible on the client (assuming you’re trying to hide code from exploiters), or, if you’re going to share your module but want to hide the code, the string returned could be sent off to a remote server or possibly saved to a datastore

1 Like

Similar qustions have been asked in the past. Search before posting threads.

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=whitelisting%20category%3A55

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=hide%20source%20category%3A55

yes I figured after you told me people have asked this question before,

1 Like

Well there use to be a method that allowed you to do just that but ROBLOX removed “Third Party Modules” as understandably it had security problems so as it is now there’s no way to hide your source code from anyone with access to the code but if you aren’t leaking anything to the public the only thing scripts they can get their hands on is the client and if you network your server properly any information exploiters can get off the client is utterly useless.

Now, it is a bummer that in order to create maybe a nice free model you have to leak the source as well but that became a security risk too so as such there’s no way around that part either.

Since Roblox removed Third Party Modules, there’s not really a way to hide the source of modules. You could try to use something like a loadstring and HttpService as replacement.