How to I move the arrows thing to the outer part of the part I'm trying to move?

I’m currently building and modeling a game for someone and it’s really hard to precisely move parts because the arrows to do so are all the way in the center and I’m at the edge trying to move the parts together.

Is there any way to move the arrows to the edge of the parts I’m moving so I can more precisely move parts and groups?

I know the above is a more basic example but when trying to move large parts, the arrows are all the way out in the center and the parts I’m moving moves way too much.

1 Like

I’m not too sure but maybe the “F3X Building Plugin” can fix this.

1 Like

Roblox purposefully changed it to what it is now in one of their updates not long ago. As far as I know, the only way to get the method that you want (pre-update) is to rely on plugins made by other users. A plugin I use that has the behaviour you want is Quenty’s qCmdUtl, as it is very user-friendly and easy to learn and utilize right away for beginners.

2 Likes

Yes, the Move arrows now surround the pivot point rather than the edges.

Take down Pressed the TAB button

1 Like

Not exactly the answer I’m looking for. I’m not trying to turn off snap to grid, I’m trying to figure out how to put the arrows for the move tool to the edge. Hopefully I make at least some sense.

I don’t think you can turn off the Pivot. It was only mentioned you cannot turn off the Pivot Indicator which is the dot in the middle where the handles are centered to.

The only way you can have Move Handlers out at the edge like in the old version is to use a plugin like F3X. If you are going to move objects by the edge, you can just move the pivot there by pressing Tab, also called as ‘Handle Summoning’. The benefits on doing that is not only can you move the object by one side, but you can also move the object on all sides or axes. It may take a while to get used to this especially if you prefer the old way but it’s worth it.

1 Like