How to join updated game server? / 어떻게 하면 업데이트가 적용되지 않은 서버에 접속 중인 플레이어가 자연스럽게 업데이트된 서버에 접속할 수 있을까요?

–// English //–

Hello! I want users to connect to the updated game server naturally when I update the game.
Currently, Roblox seems to be in a state where when the game the user is accessing is updated, all the users leave the server and can access it further until the server is completely shut down. There are servers with no updates applied for several days after updating the game.
It is not good for the developer to directly shut down the game server in the state where a large number of users are connected.
How can I avoid the inconvenience of users finding and joining the server themselves? I mean, how can I get the user to connect to the updated game server just by reconnecting the game?

–// Korean //–
안녕하세요! 저는 제가 게임을 업데이트했을 때 user들이 자연스럽게 업데이트된 게임 서버에 접속되도록 하고 싶습니다.
현재 로블록스는 user가 접속 중인 게임이 업데이트 되면 user들이 모두 서버에서 나가서 해당 서버가 완전히 종료되기 전까지는 더 접속할 수 있는 상태인 것 같습니다. 게임을 업데이트 하고 며칠이 지나도록 업데이트가 적용되지 않은 서버가 존재합니다.
다수의 user가 접속하고 있는 상태의 게임 서버를 개발자가 직접 종료하는 것은 좋지 못한 것 같다.
어떻게 하면 user들이 직접 서버를 찾아서 join하는 불편함이 없도록할 수 있을까요? 제 말은, 어떻게 하면 user가 단지 게임을 재접속만 하더라도 업데이트가 적용된 게임 서버로 접속하도록 할 수 있을까요?

1 Like

English–
You could make a server switch thing where you can look for other servers by when they were made

Korean–
Idk any korean

1 Like

다른 서버가 만들어졌을 때 찾을 수 있는 서버 스위치를 만들 수 있습니다.

Your text, but translated with google, I know it probably won’t do your sentence justice, but it can provide some insight to what you were saying to people who generally know more Korean then English. :+1:

2 Likes

Have you looked into “soft shutdowns?”

1 Like

|ENG|
Try Looking at the Soft Shutdowns like @Koiyukki said, It is really helpful for not losing many players during the update, Or else just shutdown the game.
|KOR|
@Koiyukki 가 말했듯이 Soft Shutdown에 관심을 가지는것이 좋을듯 합니다. 업데이트는 하고싶고, 사람들은 잃고싶지 않으면 Soft Shutdown를 사용하세요
아니면 서버종료하든지

2 Likes

Wow thanks, I literally messaged them in Korean in my previous message, and forgot to include Korean subtitles myself lol.

1 Like

|ENG|
Thanks! I am a korean myself.

Also, another thing i recommend is making them rejoin another server instance.
You can just spawn them in a new server and shut down any old server instances.
(SoftShutdown does that but its little more complicated)
Also, Making a confirmation for the server switching is a good idea because You don’t wanna get interrupted in a match.

|KOR|
감사합니다! 제가 한국인이거든요…
그리고, 새로운 서버를 만들고 다른 서버로 텔레포트 하는게 더 좋은 방법일듯 합니다
(SoftShutdown이랑 똑같은건데 그게 더 시간 오래걸리고 좀더 까다로움)
그리고 그거 확인알림 넣으면 좋을것 같아요, 게임하는데 갑자기 튕기는게 무슨 상황입니까ㅏㅏ

1 Like

Warn your players for a game shutdown and tell the reason. Or just shutdown the game when your game has the lowest amount of players during the day.

1 Like

||ENG||

When a game is published, you can kick all players out the game. I would give some code but im lazy and dont know much about scripting

||KOR||

게임이 게시되면 모든 플레이어를 게임에서 쫓아낼 수 있습니다. 나는 약간의 코드를 줄 것이지만 게으르고 스크립팅에 대해 많이 모른다.

–// In English //–
Thank you all. It would be better to use SoftShutdown or implement it yourself. I couldn’t think of a simpler logic than I thought because I was trying to find a solution that was too high-level!
Thank you all!!

–// 한국어 //–
모두 감사합니다. SoftShutdown을 사용하거나 직접 구현해보면 좋을 것 같습니다. 너무 높은 수준의 해결책을 찾으려다 보니 생각보다 간단한 로직을 생각하지 못했네요!
모두 감사합니다!!

소중한 아이디어 정말 감사드립니다! 한국인을 보니 반갑네요! ㅎㅎ