How to load and unload parts and maps?

Yeah the reason is for performance

I don’t understand if they are trying to get a performance gain or are unloading it to prevent the two maps from overlapping. If it’s for performance reasons, then just use streaming enabled but if its to prevent overlap, just put it in replicated.

Oh, well in that case just use streamingenabled, unless there is a reason that you can’t

The reason is that what if the scenario isn’t based on distance

Why wouldn’t it be? Also, you can force load asset easily via Player:RequestStreamAroundAsync() or by using PersistentPerPlayer

Well what if I have a model I want streamed out but next to that model is another model that I need?

Why would you need to do that?

Because the model I need is next to a model I don’t need or is on the opposite end but the same distance

1 Like

Then set that models streamingmode to “Persistent” to force it to load in

1 Like

Additionally, if you set the streaming mode to “Atomic” all of the children of that model will be loaded along with it, allowing you to group them into cells.

1 Like

And if the time comes for when the model needs to be streamed out?

1 Like

You don’t ever need to force unload anything, even if you did, it would bring a very minor performance gain.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, maybe even if something needed to be unloaded for better performance then it should be unloaded by not being in the game in the first place.

1 Like

Also, make sure before teleporting players you preload the area they are teleporting to using Player:RequestStreamAroundAsync() to prevent it from having to load while teleporting.

2 Likes

If you clone it from camera to workspace, it’ll appear for everyone. Unless thats what you want to do, and if it is, do that.

1 Like