How to make a Badge in Game?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

-- This is an example Lua code block

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

How?

4 Likes

if you doesn’t know how, tell me

If you want a script to make a badge in roblox, i guess is impossible

First of all the description is just stupid as hell like bro just set a title and called it a post :skull:. Second no you can not make badges in game but what you can do is use some external source to make badges from your game using HTTPSerivce. I recommend you check this out.

Nothings impossible in Roblox except a few very ridiculous things. Just need to know where to look. :wink:

Go to the place/game at which you want to publish the badge. Then press the dot icons (…) at the top right corner. Press the following:

configure this experience > associated items > Badges > Create A Badge

2 Likes

Follow the steps @vuenze gave you to create a badge. And if you need it, here is a code example of how to award the badge. It utilizes the BadgeService to check if the user already has the badge when a condition you want is met, and if they don’t, it will award them the badge. This example is a badge that will be awarded to new players when they play your game for the first time. This should only be done in server scripts

I also apologize for any poor formatting. I’m on my phone and currently only have one hand to type this lol

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local badgeService = game:GetService("BadgeService")

local newPlayerBadge = 000 --// Set this to your badge's ID (ask if you need to know how to get it)

local function PlayerAdded(player: Player)
    local success, hasBadge, errorMessage = pcall(function()
        return badgeService:UserHasBadgeAsync(player.UserId, newPlayerBadge)
    end)

if success then
        if not hasBadge then
            badgeService:AwardBadge(player.UserId, newPlayerBadge)
        end
    else
        warn(errorMessage)
    end
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(PlayerAdded)

And if you still need more details on exactly how everything works, you can ask me or read here.