How to make a building system? (I'd really appreciate some feedback)

Hello, I am a pretty new developer, and I had a new game idea. I wanted to make an engineering simulator. One of the steps in the game was to make your own design. I am a relatively new developer, so I am not sure how to do this at all. To give you an idea of what I am talking about, I want my building system to be like the one in the popular Roblox game, build a boat for treasure. Let me know if you want more information. Also, stick with me, I may reply late.

2 Likes

I believe what you’re looking for is called a placement system. You should take a look at @EgoMoose’s placement system tutorial here. He explains everything you need in-depth, and he also uses OOP.

You’ll probably find everything you need in that thread. There’s an example place too.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ve been waiting for a reply for a while. This really helped.

Make it the solution 30 characters

1 Like

Could you give me a step by step explanation on how to do this? I find the instructions slightly confusing. I know this is a lot to ask, so if you can’t, that’s fine.

If you are looking for a step-by-step explanation i suggest posting in the Scripting Support category. This has less to do with building and more to do with systems.

Oh ok, thanks for the feedback.

1 Like