How to make a "cursor accuracy" effect?

Hello!
I’ve been working on a couple of projects of mine… and i’ve been wondering something.

You know how in certain games like combat warriors, where if you equip a bow or a RPG, the 4 symbols
around you mouse will smoothly tween into a different position? (to symbolize accuracy and stuff)

(if you dont know what i mena, you could probably look it up)

Yea so… thats what I am trying to do… I have tried searching but i found nothing of use.

Any help is appreciated

Hey there, interesting… I had the same question.

So I looked into a good old free model FE Gun kit.

Searching for GUI related to crosshairs in the local script I found this function.

From this I have concluded they have used a spring to make the crosshair bloom out and in.

local function RenderCrosshair()
	local Size = CrossSpring.p * 4 * CrossScale.p --* (char.speed / 14 * (1 - 0.8) * 2 + 0.8)*(char.sprint + 1) / 2
	for i = 1, 4 do
		CrossParts[i].BackgroundTransparency = 1 - Size / 20
	end
	CrossParts[1].Position = UDim2.new(0, Size, 0, 0)
	CrossParts[2].Position = UDim2.new(0, -Size - 7, 0, 0)
	CrossParts[3].Position = UDim2.new(0, 0, 0, Size)
	CrossParts[4].Position = UDim2.new(0, 0, 0, -Size - 7)
end

Video effect for reference:

Probably use a Spring module and Apply force on it to get the desired effect. That’s where I recommend you to start.

Hello. Ive watched this “spring module” thing, and looked into the FE Gun script, to find… not really much of use… I am kinda confused on how i would convert this stuff to gui position

Hello. I have finally found the answer to my question.
Based on different posts on spring module, I was able to come up with this code.

local springModule = require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Gameplay.Scripts.ModuleScripts.Spring)
local spring1 = springModule.create()

local randomSpring = Random.new()  

local folder = game.Players.LocalPlayer.PlayerGui.Hitmarker.MainFrame.Markers

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function(deltaTime)

local movement = spring1:update(deltaTime)

folder[1].Position = UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.524,0) + UDim2.new(0, 0, movement.Y, 0)
	folder[2].Position = UDim2.new(0.515,0,0.5,0) + UDim2.new(movement.X/2, 0, 0, 0)
	folder[3].Position = UDim2.new(0.485,0,0.5,0) + UDim2.new(-movement.X/2, 0, 0, 0)
	folder[4].Position = UDim2.new(0.5,0,0.475,0) + UDim2.new(0, 0, -movement.Y, 0)
end)

while task.wait(1) do 
	spring1:shove(Vector3.new(0.5,0.5,05))  
end 

Although it does the spring automatically, I can hook it up to a remoteEvent. Thanks for your help @dthecoolest

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.