How to make a data backup for a tycoon

hello I’m trying to make a data backup for my tycoon … but I can’t do it now and I’ve been trying to make this datastore for 5 days … but each time h() different problems .

tips or scripts on how to save player data …

x lo studio

1 Like

Use ProfileService. It’s an op module that automatically handles all datastore things and you never have to worry about it.

3 Likes

can you explain me better thanks? on how it works and how I have to activate it

2 Likes

Yes there is a small learning curve but I promise it is worth it because it will save you massive headaches and you’ll never lose data.

All the information is available from the DevForum, which has links to the documentation and tutorials.

But I can show you a basic implementation.

• Firstly, put ProfileService into ServerScriptService.
  • Next, make a Profiles module, which is where you will create your profiles.

This is a basic usage example which would go in your Profiles module.
Then you can use your Profiles. A Profile is just a table with a subtable called “Data”. To access it you use Profile.Data. Anything that you store in Profile.Data will be saved to the datastore as long as it is eligible to be saved (e.g. you can’t save instances).

You can then modify Profile.Data until your heart is content and ProfileService will take care of the rest for you!

1 Like

from what h() understood I have to install the ProfileService module I have to insert it inside ServerScriptService , then I have to create a data manager (another script) and inside the data manager I have to do

-Profile configuration
-Loading and Saving the Profile
-Release of the Profile

• Player events

Yes pretty much. Once the Data Manger is made you can access the Profiles from any server script. And saving data is as simple as:

Profile.Data[key] = value

Just loading and releasing, it handles saving and session locking and a million other things that you never need to worry about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.