How to make a door for devforum members only (read it before you flag it)

So I am making a devforum hangout place and I want to know how to make a door for only devforum members. I know there is a topic about this but I cant understand the answer since im not a programmer and its really unclear. If somebody could please show me how to make one it would be really helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Isn’t there a DevForum group? You could check if the player is in the group, maybe?

1 Like

There isn’t an official group for devForum members I’m pretty sure, so it would be quite hard. The only way I can think of doing this is to use HTTP requests to track if a player is in devForums via a url or something.

1 Like

just because your in the devforum doesnt mean your in that group, I never even knew about that group

1 Like

Oh okay! I wasn’t exactly sure.

1 Like

We can’t give you full scripts, but you would have to make a http request to devforum.rprxy.xyz/u/PLAYERNAME and check if the response contains for example “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”(meaning they aren’t registered on the devforums).

2 Likes

I know but I dont know a thing a about scripting so that doesnt really help…

1 Like

This actually may work. I pasted the link into my browser and typed my username in the user slot, and… what do you know! It worked. I tried a non-Dev Forum username and it didn’t work!

1 Like

maybe you can dm me it? If not thats ok `charrrrs

1 Like

I’d recommend looking into this topic: Checking if a user is in the devforum - #8 by OneRubySky

1 Like

You could ask the guy who created “Flex Your Account Age” as he has a room in the game for DevForum members and regulars.

Can’t you just simply check if the player:IsInGroup() and then the dev forum roblox group ID?

not every person in the devforum is in that group, its a unofficial group

Oh never actually knew that. I thought it was required to be in the group to gain member access.