How to make a fireball effect. Roblox Studio

Hi there Developers! Today and starting from now I will teach new tutorials!
I know some people want to make magic but they wonder how to do so. I would also like to give some credits to Jeristo4 for teaching me how to do this. Here is his YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5LCHOR0uq829jNRT1TV4ig
I recommend watching some of his tutorials for more intros on how to make some magical effects.
Sometimes I even think and wonder how mad city has made cool fireball effects.
1st. Add a Local script to Starter Player scripts.
1st.
2nd lets assign some variables.
This will let us press a key and make us have a fireball effect. Let’s say you want a key on your keyboard to get pressed and make the firebal efect get activated. Also, name the local script “SkillActivation”. The “mouse” key will make the script know that the game is gonna make the
2nd
3rd. Make the script know the KeyCode for the Activation Is “Z”
For Pc users, They will need to press the keycode “Z”
3rd
4th. We need to now make the script know the key code for mobile users!
4rd
5th.
Make sure that you have script in serverscriptservice!
5th
6th Now make are two folders in ReplicatedStorage.
Events
FireBallEvents
6th
Also make sure You add a RemoteEvent In Events. Name It “FireBall”. We put in Fireall to make the script know when the keycode z is pressed. Remote events are crucial when needed to make something happen just like slipping off a part. You will need a remote event to tell the script to shoot a fireball.
Put In the fireball you want to shoot out. Name it “FireBall” Then Name the object that you want to appear when the fireball hits something.
7th. Now, go to the server script. Lets add some variables. We add variables so that when we want to call something it would be easier to say the name of that variable for example, “effects” Its is it Replicated Storage now the script will now that. And refer to It.
fireball - ReplicatedStorage - effects.
etc

8th. Now, make sure that you do this effectively. Make sure Your spelling is correct.
Add some functions. Make sure that you add some functions like IsDescendantOf.
That will help.

That is the end of this tutorial!
Thanks for reading.

9 Likes

The scripting is really easy and I can already do that, but I want to know how to make a good fireball/VFX.

4 Likes

I will do advanced towmorrow. And then it will be cool.

1 Like

And also I am teaching beginners how to script a fireball. Not experienced.

Great tutorial. Hope you get better in the future with these explanations.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for saying something like that :smile:

I feel like there should have more explanations on what each piece of code you tell does than telling what to do…

Like in this tutorial you are telling people to make a remote event named FireBall and telling every code instead of telling them to make a remote event and explain why.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I will edit asap.

2 Likes

I did just so. Thanks for letting me know mate. Salutations to you.

1 Like

I’ve also made a fireball tutorial. I think this counts as a duplicate topic since it covers the same thing.

1 Like

You can’t say something as vauge as that. Yours has animations and mine doesn’t.

Does it not do the same thing? Throwing a part that when touched, does damage?

EDIT: Just forget about it since I’m not going to gatekeep tutorials of the same kind

1 Like

Well let’s just stop this and let’s pat each other on the back.