How to make a game unlisted

Also please do not copy the script, write down the script cause the script is different then I wrote down.

I have tried both of your scripts and they dont work

I also rewrote them to fit my GUI

No, it works fine in LocalScripts. I tested it in my game just now. The only thing I could think being an issue is using the wrong id, I really don’t know. His code works fine for me.

Could you possibly double check the ID? Your code works perfectly fine for me, so I don’t really know what could be the issue.

I double checked the ID and its definitely that one! Try putting it in a URL for yourself

2 Likes

You cannot make games unlisted this way. The closest to “hiding” the place is to teleport users to place instances within your own universe.

Addressing the second issue which was brought about by that suggestion, this is a previously reported occurrence. According to the post, the alternative :TeleportToPlaceInstance(int placeid) may work if you are teleporting users between places within your universe only.

1 Like

Im kinda confused on how to put :TeleportToPlaceInstance(int placeid) into
script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
game:GetService(“TeleportService”):Teleport(3535540288, Player)
end)

That thread shows an error saying the place is restricted, this one is flat out saying the place doesn’t exist. I don’t think it would hurt to post there, though.

@isarvety
Not sure how this works if you don’t have a server id passed, but here:

game:GetService("TeleportService"):TeleportToPlaceInstance(3535540288)
end)

Edit: I didn’t check the documentation for it before posting that, but I really don’t know how it would work. It seems like the server id is required.

1 Like

Ok so? there is no fix? this is weird

Sadly, it seems there is no fix. Just to make sure again, when you visit the configuration page for your game and go to Places, it shows your other place?

It does. It shows that game…

Seems this a bug, then. You can try moving to a new game, but past that I’m not sure. You’ll have to look at the bug report procedure and follow that.

ok, ill do that. if it doesnt work ill try something myself

1 Like

Just a side note; everyone please try indenting your code, readability increases and your code looks more neat. The code provided by @ChasingSpace would become:

game:GetService("TeleportService"):TeleportToPlaceInstance(3535540288)
end)

I recommend reading this thread on proper code formatting etiquette.

1 Like

Type them down, not copy and paste them.

This thread is awfully bloated. What is the problem? A good number of suggestions here are wildly different from what OP is asking and even OP deviated from the topic by talking about a teleport error.

There is no way to unlist a game from activity. Places of a game aren’t listed in Recently Played however, as only the Start Place of a game is shown there. If you’re looking to create attached places, you should be doing this via the Game window in Roblox Studio under the Places tab.

There are various articles on the Developer Hub that you can see if you’re confused. This is better than taking responses at face value, posting them and then coming back if they don’t work; do your own tweaking first. The article on Games and Places can help you determine how to sort your places.

Please remain on-topic and constructive to the issue that the thread is posing, not a different one altogether. This issue isn’t too hard to resolve, but hasty responses and lack of experimentation on your behalf are leading to a lot of misconceptions and confusion.

3 Likes

This is not true, but at the same time it is true, he could of been more detailed by telling us what’s the script and even if he did by using replies… he could of edited instead.

It’d help to explain what you think isn’t true, because none of this is false information.

His topic were off-topic yes, but his replies were on-topic. Also here is what I found

That doesn’t make any sense, that’s contradictory. This thread is about unlisting places from the activity feed, which there is no way to do that. Responses here are either relevant or not; a majority of them are not.

Place teleportation issues are off-topic.

1 Like