How to Make a Join and Leave Message v3

Okay, just one issue to bring up:

As @colbert2677 mentioned in an earlier post, you basically don’t need RemoteEvents (ie. networking/server-client communication) for this at all.

:point_right: Players.PlayerAdded and Players.PlayerRemoving will both work on the client (in localscripts).

So all you need is a local script that hooks onto (connects to) the PlayerAdded and PlayerRemoving events directly and sends the chat system message accordingly.

You don’t need an additional serverside Script to tell the client via a RemoteEvent whenever a player joins/leaves.

1 Like

I explained both in the OP, and in my late reply saying that I’m adding an extra section for colbert’s suggestion. Please read closer next time.

I’ve already written the script for section 2. If you don’t believe me, PM me and I’ll show it to you.

1 Like

That’s kind of funny since it should be the default and simpler way of making a join/leave message system.

You don’t ever need a Script for this. It is unnecessary for the aforementioned reasons.

Okay then. If it makes the tutorial better, than I’ll rewrite it again so only the simple and easy version of the Join and Leave Message System will be there. Give me a few.

1 Like

The rewrite is finished. Both sections are now done. Hopefully all of you think it improved.

Sorry for taking so long. I know I said that it would only be a few days rather than more than a month, but I once again forgot about it. :frowning:

Nonetheless, I hope its more beneficial to all of you.