How to make a minimap utilizing an image label

I made a post similar to this earlier, however it was about stretching decals across parts, and changing the title wouldn’t give any context so Im making a new post. I am trying to make a minimap using an imagelabel, where I have a static map render that will change position (utilizing clip descendants) to match the position of the player in the 3d game space. I tried searching online, but I either found people talking about viewport frames, or reading devforum posts that left me confused. How would I managed to do this, thanks :smiley:

u cant make it with a image label but yes you can with a viewport frame, investigate about it and tell me when you undertanded what is!

The map has to be the same ratio as the real counterpart, if it’s pixels off, it won’t be accurate. You could mathematically solve this problem by figuring out exactly how many studs each pixel represents in the image!!

Ive seen a bunch of people make minimaps with imagelabels where they translate the poisition of the player to a UDim2 value to offset the position of the minimap from, but none of them have good tutorials that I can follow

Ive already made a minimap in the past by taking a render of the map I have, applying it as a decal, and having the camera follow the player. This works great, however the issue is the map I have is larger than what a parts maximum size is, and since imagelables dont get rendered in ViewportFrames with surfaceguis, im not sure how I would use viewport frames to do this. I could make a direct copy of the map inside of the viewport, however there is way too much assets for it to be performance friendly and there is also the issue of terrain, since most of the map is made out of terrain

To get the image i used a plugin called RoRender to render the full map, so I got all the information on the map including the pixels per stud, which is 0.5. How would I make a to scale smaller size of the map?

i think there is a property to move called offset let me check

I have this module I would like to suggest. Check if it fits your needs! Plum's minimap - Rotating map, bordersnapping blips and more! - #203 by d_rewops

Blow up the map to full size, and each time you divide it by 2 to shrink, that doubles how many pixels you travel on the map, per stud! You could also adjust the map manually by orientating and sizing it based on where you currently are, and what spot you should be at on the map.

I already tried this, but the map is too large so it ends up as a blurry mess

Im confused on what youre saying