How to make a Nametag for Roblox Premium Players

I want to make a Nametag for Roblox Premium Players so i can encourage them to play my game

1 Like

You can use billboard guis for the tag,
this is how you can check if the player has premium

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local player = Players.LocalPlayer

if player.MembershipType == Enum.MembershipType.Premium then
	-- Take some action specifically for Premium members

end

At first, you have to check if the player is Premium. This article might help you. If the player has premium then, you have to script the nametag (chat or overhead gui?)

1 Like

Your method will only show it to the localplayer. You should use a ServerScript in ServerScriptService with the following code. (Or a ServerScript in StarterCharacterScripts with slightly different code to what I show below).

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
    if plr.MembershipType ~= Enum.MembershipType.Premium then return end
    plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
        game.ServerStorage.SomeNameTag:Clone().Parent = char.Head
    end)
end)

You’ll need to edit stuff then of course make the Billboard Gui nametag yourself (@RedDevED)

2 Likes

overhead gui please i just want it to be like treacherous tower

1 Like

Please do not ask for people to write systems for you in this category, that is not how you use it. Attempt to do this yourself first and do some research on the things you need to accomplish this. For example, to make a tag for Premium players you need to know if they’re Premium in the first place or not, which you can find out using MembershipType.

Read the category guidelines before posting.

6 Likes

@Alvin_Blox has a tutorial on how to make name tags and there is also an article on the Roblox Developer page about premium pay-outs.

Alvin_Blox’s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MsFqGCtn2k
Premium pay-outs: Engagement-Based Payouts | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

Combine these two togeather and you will have the right scripts.
Hope I could help. ICrann

3 Likes

Agreed, “spoon feeding” code doesn’t help you learn and progress as a programmer, it only fixes the short term problem. You need to able to understand and resolve problems on your own with help from the community to get the most out of it, learning by yourself is better than people feeding you code and you progressing no-where.

2 Likes

ok sorry about that i will just take down the post

You don’t need to take it down, just don’t ask for the full code just ask for help. Scripting support is for current scripts that have been made and need to be developed, you are able to change the category by editing your post.

1 Like

P.S: I have a small module if you’d like to quickly bind functions for when Premium players join:

Closed as it does not follow the format. Leaving visible as solution was provided.