How to make a "PLS DONATE!" Game Tutorial

How do I download the game? I don’t see the download button he showed in the tutorial

2 Likes

It would be nice to know exactly what’s done and where it’s located as I put about 10 hours into building the map with 3 other people also doing as much work as me.

2 Likes

i could write a more in-depth explanation inside of the readme script if you’d like

1 Like

How is making an “experience” begging people to give you money an experience?

Roblox’s tagline is “Powering Imagination” but where’s the imagination in creating an experience where the sole purpose is to beg for money, while most of the time there is little to no effort to make it actually good.

I don’t think people should encourage other people to create games just to make a quick cash grab, which is a large problem on the platform. Experiences should be meaningful and have effort put into them and the popularization of these types of experiences is honestly sad to see. Encouraging others to create experiences begging for money takes away from the “Powering Imagination” Roblox was created for.

4 Likes

i’m pretty sure everyone is well aware this took a lot of effort for everyone in our team

p.s.;
it’s better to move this to dms as this is a tutorial post, not a discussion post

2 Likes

Sorry, I should’ve said visual effort. I’m not denying that the game takes a lot of programming effort, but i meant as in visual effort, the game’s looks.

3 Likes

Yo, thanks for this! I wanna make a donation-type game with a unique twist, almost like starving artist.

5 Likes

Why, just why, this will make the “Donate me” concept way boring, and annoying, just like Piggy.
Good job for the effort of making a tutorial though!

4 Likes

I think this is just a post to show people how to make a game, if this you think this isn’t okay then why would Roblox literally have templates of games to literally start out with, at least this shows how to do it and not have it there for you.

This can teach you something, maybe even how to make something claimable, not just donations.

1 Like

Pls Donate is not a cash grab it’s a cool game and concept and many people have gotten rich getting and giving robux

2 Likes

roblox doesn’t need more of these games

8 Likes

I don’t recommend this. I really don’t. It gives you an unprofessional look as a developer and it’s nothing more than a cash grab, no matter how much you think this is unique/not a copy just because of the scripts.

3 Likes

i appreciate both of your, and @pyxfluff input

and i completely understand, and i wasn’t really satisfied with what i did either. we created this out of popular requests from the community, and i do have little regrets on making this yeah.

i know this thread will haunt me for the coming years and will make me look bad but i did learn from it

3 Likes

I understand all you said, but I still think that you shouldn’t have made this topic if you didn’t even want to in the first place.

You shouldn’t do things for others, you’re you and it isn’t your duty to satisfy others at your own cost, and on top of that get basically nothing.

If it bothers you as you said in this reply, I suggest deleting it. It will put you at ease and you won’t feel like…

Whatever you do I hope it turns out well for you, just not in an unrespectable way, I guess. Good luck!

1 Like

Well I followed the tutorial of the video and when I payed my game with my friends and when I clicked their buttons, nothing happened.

2 Likes

make a guide on just how to get user created items (including gamepasses)

3 Likes

yes we need the gamepass not just the clothing

1 Like

The explanations are very short only show how things apply to this specific use case.

I find it’s extremely beneficial to learn when you’re forced to modify and change sections of code you copied, which is extremely common when you copy code which was for a specific case that doesn’t apply to what you need to do. It forces you to understand what the code your copying is doing, so you can figure out how to apply it for your own needs, which could result in you needing to research new territory. You would honestly learn significantly less if you looked up code samples that can be perfectly pasted right in what you’re trying to do.

Of course, I know you’re saying that because this was specific use case, it seemed like it was intended only for people who need that specific case, but I think this undermines the people that aren’t trying to make pls donate games that wanted to try and benefit from this thread.

I of course agree that there were people clicking on this thread that just wanted a game copied and pasted for them, but there were definitely people that simply wanted certain portions of code samples, (e.g someone that wants to know how pls donate me games grabs a player’s assets).

4 Likes

Congrats, the copies are out and I bet they used this to get there.

3 Likes