How to make a product that can be brought?

Hello!

So I am the owner of a company on Roblox called LifeTech. This company will work on technology products in Roblox that people can purchase/licence. What I was wondering is what would be the best way to ensure that people can only use the product if they have paid for it?

I was thinking about having the products main code stored in an model and then just create a load script (and to check the user who uses it owns the product store who brought it and check before the model is loaded that the user owns the product)…

The issue with my solution is that people can just load the product in and copy the code and stuff in studio but also someone could just go to the model and save it themselves so I was just wondering what other ways could there be?

1 Like

What do you mean by “products”? What is your “company” about? What are you trying to achieve?

I stated all of your questions in the post lol.

“This company will work on technology products in Roblox that people can purchase/licence.”

“What I was wondering is what would be the best way to ensure that people can only use the product if they have paid for it?”

Is it not clear? I mean products in the means of tech products such as a hotel room givening system and stuff like that.

Scripts don’t run if you don’t start the game, therefore people could literally just remove the script that checks the player and take the model for themselves.

Technically you could save a model as an .rbxm file. People would either have to directly ask higher-ups in your company or you could automate the process. Either way, you check if that player has purchased the product, then give the .rbxm file to him.

Of course, the guy who paid for it could share it to other people. But, it’s a step in the right direction.

One of the most secure systems on roblox is MSI, (Military Security Industries), which hosted (it’s down due to PSU Obfuscator being cracked) a whitelist system that is possibly the securest on roblox.

It’s extremely hard to make a good whitelist system, and it will never be fully secure, but if you can do it right, it will work.

Hence, whitelist system.

Yea that was what I was thinking about (making it automated). The only issue is the user could just share with others.

How could you create a whitelist system when someone could just remove it and take the product?

Also you can’t Obfuscate your code any more due to Roblox banning you if u do I think.

You need to create checks in the code system that checks if MSI is there and has authenticated the game.

can you please explain what you mean by code obfuscating?

Obfuscating code is basicly making code harder to read. Roblox has stated many times that you CANNOT in things due to people who make thins like back door obfuscarting code so that people don’t know what they are adding in.

so if I’m correct, because of people can secretly put malicious code in a script, that proceeds to get people’s accounts terminated is why Roblox stated that?

No. People sometimes hide malicious code inside of models that is obfuscated which most of the time is so that the user who added the malicious code can have server side access when in-game.

Found this post if u want any more info: Backdoors - What Are They, And How To Find Them In Scripts

Backdoors are not a problem if you are not importing Free models often. You can counter them by just searching “Script” in the explorer.