How to make a professional UI design?

, ,

Hello!
So, I am learning UI designing but I need help.
So, I want to make UIs professionaly, I mean, draw them MYSELF, but I don’t know what app to use to make them, and then, Idk what to do next to add it to roblox, could someone help me please?

3 Likes

I normally use images whenever I make a good looking GUI
and for buttons, you can make it change the color for example whenever the arrow key hovers over the button.

there are a lot of ways and designs you can make, I suggest looking at GUI’s from other games and try to make similar designs if you like one of them.

I really recommend using a paid software such as photoshop or illustrator, they have alot more features, advanced settings and so much more, though if you can not afford one I would recommend paint.net. After designing your UI you’ll need to individually select each layer of the UI and save them all as seperate images then import them into roblox. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Alright so, to export it to roblox Studio as a UI, I have to Save them, I tried that but the problem is that it doesnt show in the folder when I try to add it to Roblox Studio…
And that’s my problem

Make sure you save them as image formats, either JPG or PNG.

I agree with the person who said paid software but for me paint.net works fine. Heck, even just using roundify and Roblox UI works nicely enough.

I personally don’t use any software apart from roblox studio and plugins alongside; yet from my Portfolio they are all extremely professional and quality looking.

1 Like

UX UX UX UX UX UX

Yes, UX is ULTRA IMPORTANT.
Even your UI looks so hot, not user-friendly? It won’t be professional.

Learn more about UX here: https://uxdesign.cc/

I’ve collected some useful stuff for starters, take a look at https://va1kio.xyz/docs/roblox.html

3 Likes

Someone needs to start a cult for UX. :joy:

3 Likes

Wait for my upcoming framework (MaterialLua.io):

and let it do the work for you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@xJDiviisionZ Just a fyi, he isnt looking for a tool to ease UI development, he is asking how to design professional UI.

This has been asked so many times in the past, try using the search bar next time.

I would suggest using Adobe Photoshop for your UI designs. However, like most people, if you can’t afford it, I would suggest using softwares such as paint . net, which I would recommend as that is what I personally use.

Lots of people recommend Gimp, though I have never tried that before, a lot of people say it is a really good free alternative for Photoshop.

I would also recommend Adobe XD, it is an extremely powerful tool for creating good UI designs, and its free.

2 Likes

Oh, my bad. My ego got the best of me! Sorry.

If your wanting to make professional UI you’ll need to practice and learn before wanting to be a skilled designer whether your looking for paid options or free ones. You could use adobe illustrator if your wanting to draw your layout and ideas out, this is possibly created in a few programs like on tablets laptops and more.

Making UI could be created, in free options you could go about and choose from it provided a bunch of tools and brushes and more whether you’re going for purchases options or free ones they produce similar designs and a cleaner interface.

I’m assuming the payed option is a more skilled and advanced software however there similar to any one you choose they just feature a different interface and faster options to create designs.

I suggest you take a look at a few resources/ tutorials and see how to get started into making UI. It might help you choose whatever option your wanting. Please search before attempting to create a similar topic this has been asked very often.