How to make a push tool similar to Radgoll Engine

Hello, I was wondering how to make a push tool similar to radgoll engine!?
I tried to make one but I failed sadly

2 Likes

Do you have a script already made that we can go off of? If you’re just not a scripter I’d suggest getting one before trying to make an entire game. The developer forum isn’t here to spoon-feed scripts, but to help fix problems and explain how, which is what I’ll do here.

It seems pretty simple, grab a tool, insert a script.
Then you need to calculate how close they are to you to make sure they can’t push everyone in the server at once. After that, if they are within range (usually done with raycasting, you could also JUST get the magnitude, but that would be kind of inefficient as they would be able to push from behind, as well) apply your ragdoll script, there are a few good ones on the developer forum, so I suggest you check them out!

If you want animations, there are a few animation tutorials on here, as well as on youtube. Just apply the animation when they have clicked. Pretty simple! Good luck!

1 Like

Oh alright! yes I’m a scripter but I dont have a script for this

1 Like

Here’s a few tutorials and creations to aid you, in the event that you need a little help.

How to find players within a certain distance of my character? - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

Cleanest R to Ragdoll Script - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox
(^ You should be able to edit this to fit your needs, just grab the part where they make you ragdoll, and apply it after you’ve checked that they’re in the correct radius.)

Playing animation on tool click - Help and Feedback / Scripting Support - DevForum | Roblox

2 Likes

Question is this for R6 OR R15?

Both!
Cleanest R to Ragdoll Script - Resources / Community Resources - DevForum | Roblox

2 Likes

Oh nice, thanks for the help! :grin:

2 Likes

Raycasting should be helpful.

Raycasting is just a thing to calculate lines and stuff so umm… but it allows you too see where stuff intersects and stuff, it’s not that hard with the new APIs so, you should look at it.

You would throw a ray starting from the character of the person who punched, to maybe 10, 5, 7 studs of their LookVector.

3 Likes