How to make a radio that blocks loud sounds

Not everyone has a good pc, like me for example, my pc is horrible and barely runs well on popular games.

1 Like

You’re indexing through the entire game in a fast loop just to find a sound. You said this was made for radios to block loud sounds, but you’re indexing through every sound in the game rather than just having the server tell the client to monitor the radio sound when it is played.

I can confirm one of my projects has 10s of thousands of instances, nearly 100k workspace alone. You’re telling me that “unless you have a potato”, its just fine that every 0.1 seconds all of those instances are going to be checked for sounds to stop loud audios? This tutorial does more damage than good.

You switched gears from “while true do breaks game” to “for loop through every descendant breaks game.”

I think I have a solution: iterate through every character and find the sound. Would this work?

Iteration for every time is not the solution here, sure, you can iterate first for current sounds, but not every frame, you can use a DescendantAdded event and a for loop (only once) to make sure nothing is loud.

1 Like

Thanks, hope this solves the quarrel.

1 Like

Also, make sure to wrap the for loop in a protected call because you may touch coreguis and those will result in an error.

1 Like