How to make a saving building system?

Hello! I am making a game and I made a building system for it.

But the problem is I want it to save the building which I can do but if I want to save its position and the player chooses another house it wont work. Does anyone have ideas on what I can do?

In this image has the model name with a primary part and the structure itself.

If anyone could help me that would be great! Thank you

I would try saving the CFrame and part/model name to a table when the player places something and then add some sort of saving system using datastores to save the table of values. When the player would want to load in their house just get the table from the datastore and then use a for loop to spawn in each item using the name and CFrame

6 Likes

Yea, as @spoopmoop mentioned is probably the best way to go about it. If you have issues in general of saving parts and CFrames, You should look at The Idea of Serialization data which makes scripts turn not-savable values, into savable values. And then when they rejoin, rebuilds the values using that data (so you would save everything about the part/CFrame). When they rejoin, you would remake this Cframe (for example), And assign it to the Model etc., this is a very basic example, but other issues arise as well as you can’t save vectors etc, so you might have to Serialization certain things, even within a part’s properties, (if you save the entire parts information))

5 Likes

But if we use cframe and the person goes into a new house wouldnt it only load in the house he saved it in?

The problem is the house position can change so how do I migrate everything including the furniture and stuff?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.