How to make a slidable part

Ok so, im making a game where I need it to be that you slide all of the time. for example csgo surf and how you slide when going down. im trying to duplicate that but cant find anything or do it myself

You’re probably going to have to create your own movement and physics system. This type of effect happens in source games because of the way the Source engine deals with movement and acceleration. For example, if you go first person in roblox, go forward jump and turn, you’re just going to go in the same place where you would if you didn’t turn. In source when you do that you move forward and left/right depending on where you turn. I’m sure it’s not too difficult to recreate this, it’ll just be a bit of s challenge getting it to work properly. Check out here this gives you a lot of information on how source engine handles movement acceleration including the code and equations used to deal with it. I believe surfing is also one of the causes of the way they handle acceleration too.

but i have already seen like those ice blocks before where they do that system with about 20 lines of code.

so i think there is a easier method.

Oh you mean just make a player slide around, sorry I misunderstood the topic. I thought we were trying to replicate surfing. To recreate ice physics just lower the friction in the parts custom physical properties.

Edit: Here is a post on how to do that post

Just wanted to add; If you don’t want to change every part in your game, you could also set the friction of the player’s parts lower; It works both ways.

1 Like

thanks @SkoobiDoobiDoo and @REALTimothy0812