How to make aerodynamic plane turn

So I want to my plane turn when I steer but all it does is rotate the plane. How could I make this more realistic instead of steering and pitching to turn around?

When I steer, it just goes straight.

1 Like

Real planes roll and then pitch up just like your plane does? You could always add a vertical rudder

2 Likes

Are you sure? I always thought that the flaps would turn the plane and the wings would make it turn.

1 Like

Well when you roll without pitching, there should be some rotation in your direction

1 Like

But in real life, they would turn depending on the angle.

1 Like

I just fixed it by adding back flaps.

1 Like

Oh LOL I didn’t even realize you were missing those, that makes sense.

2 Likes

What else am I missing or is there something wrong because the plane slowly moves up for some reason.

1 Like

Nvm, just fixed it with this design. I don’t know why.

1 Like

On a real airplane look up how ailerons, elevator, and rudder control surfaces work.
Your wing ‘flaps’ are not how a real aircraft are generally set up.
To increase or decrease the movements you need to either change the area of the control surface or the number of degrees it deflects.
Where the center of Mass of the aircraft is located has a lot to do with the way it flies as well.

A lot of it is explained in this post: Introducing Aerodynamic Forces [Beta]

2 Likes

Is this correct? I don’t know much about plane physics but I think this works.
Aerodynamic Plane Testing Game.rbxl (63.8 KB)

It works, but the elevator control is reversed.
S should raise the nose (pulling back on the control column in a real plane) and W should lower the nose (pushing forward on the control column).
Almost all simulators work this way as well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.