How to make an E to interact door with some specific tools?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. **What do you want to achieve?

I want to make an E door with some specific tools, like an SCPF door thats, e to open.

1. **What is the issue?

I don’t know how to, cause I’m kinda new on scripting…

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

Yes, I did look on the developerhub, the proximityprompt, I didn’t understand it much, though at the end I made it.
And cause I don’t know how to script proximityprompt e to interact with specific tools.

Game you can find the e door : SCP Roleplay: Area 47 - Roblox

1 Like

Well firstly, while proximityprompt is a good addition to the platform, using a custom made one has more benefits and customization to it.

But what do you mean you don’t know how to use it to interact with specific tools?

I think you are looking for the Triggered event of ProximityPrompt:

proximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect()

Here is an example script that tweens a part when the event is triggered (I have removed some parts of the script to keep the script simple):

Example Script
    local part = script.parent.parent -- part being tweened
    local proximityPrompt = script.parent -- the proximity prompt (note that the proximity prompt is a child of the part)
    local inTheAir = false

function movepart()

if inTheAir == true then
    		down:Play() --playing a tween I declared (this isn't shown as stated above)
    		inTheAir = false
    		proximityPrompt.ActionText = "Move Up"
    	else
    		up:Play() --Once again, playing a tween I declared.
    		inTheAir = true
    		proximityPrompt.ActionText = "Move Down"		
    	end
    	wait(1)
    	proximityPrompt.Enabled = true -- the tweening is now complete, so the proximity prompt is re-enabled
    end

proximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(function () -- this will run when the proximity prompt is triggered
    	proximityPrompt.Enabled = false -- the proximity prompt is now disabled
    	wait(0.5)
    	movepart()
    	end)

This is the final result:

I have attached the game file if you would like to look at the script:
moving part with proximity prompt.rbxl (23.4 KB)

If you want to find more information (including other events and all the properties of a ProximityPrompt, you can click here for the documentation page or here for the devforum page.

I hope this helped. I am also new to scripting, so feel free to correct me if I made any kind of mistake. (This is also my first post on the devforum.)

1 Like

like the system in scpf of sins

thanks i’ll look at the code and then try to do with i am trying to do.