How to make animations available to others?

I am making a game and I made some animations for it.
But when my friend played the game on his account, the animation doesn’t work.

How do I fix it?

1 Like

Is his ping/internet speed slow? This happens to me whenever my ping is high. Ask him to check his ping and tell you.

1 Like

I played with his PC on my account, it works

Does your friend have the game on his profile?

If so, animations that you have created cannot be used by any other user except you.

1 Like

Instead of using that asset delivery endpoint, has he tried using “rbxassetid://”?

Also, does he have permissions to use that animation? If it was created by you, then he may not have access to it. Make sure your animations are public, or let him try uploading them from his account.

1 Like

Oh…
I want to make it public.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Feedback - Bypassing the 30 Character Limit

Ok then, it must’ve been his internet acting out then.

1 Like

I can’t find Enable Copying checkbox.

There is no “Enable Copying” setting on the animation page, you cannot allow other users to take your animation.

2 Likes

OK. How do I make public animation?

Unfortunately, there is no way to make your animations public on the website.

However, you can create a default rig from the Default Animation Editor in studio and import your animation from Roblox to that rig, and send the rig containing the animation to your friend so that he can export the animations from that rig and upload them.

3 Likes

I forgot that open sourcing animations was not a thing. There has already been a request to make this a feature though:

In the mean time, the only option you have is to save your animation to a file, and have your friend upload it to his account.

That, or you could create a group, and upload it there, allowing you both to use it.

9 Likes