How to make Hair in Blender

uhmmm… I don’t know where is the end of the path. Can you show where is it on the curve made?

1 Like

There is a way easier method that I found. Download the add on called bevel curve tools. Watch tutorials on how to use it. If you still need help lmk

1 Like

Pretty nice tutorial, will really help out new modelers in the community.

1 Like

I’m using the Steam version and i can’t seem to find the addon :frowning:
Can you give a link to download the addon?

1 Like

how do i do this? it’s RLY impossible for me

1 Like

Make sure you download as a zip file. Look up tutorials on how to put the add-on into blender 2.8, and once its in lmk.

1 Like

I use the Steam version, how to save the addon on Blender?
EDIT: i found add-ons button in Preferences and clicked Install. Then it asked to select a ZIP file and i selected the one with bevel curve tools.

1 Like

Alright, make sure you click save preferences so it shows up after you close blender. Now Once in blender click N and you will see a side bar show up on your top left side, click on bevel and everything should be there :slight_smile:

The bevel area should look like this image

Click on add/override bevel, once done with your hair (Completely done) you can click convert: To mesh(es). Using this method I got this done!

Hope this helped!

2 Likes

Which version of blender is this?

1 Like

Possibly 2.8.2 or 2.7.
I don’t know

2 Likes

I don’t know how to texture hair and UV-unwrap in Blender. How do i do it?

1 Like

2.82. Sorry for late response :tongue:

2 Likes

Alt A. I said this in the tutoriall

1 Like

nice tutorial, this is a very interesting way of accomplishing hair creation, hopefully compatible mesh deformation becomes a thing, so we can make animated hair later, but im gonna bookmark this.

4 Likes

You select the mesh, and go into edit mode. Select all with A, and press U. Press Unwrap. It wont be pretty, but that’s the basic way to do it. In the shaders tab but in a texture of your choice, and move over to the UV editor. From there, just move around the UV map to however you want it to be.

2 Likes

I’m very bad at blender but this tutorial looks very good, thanks for making it!

2 Likes

Nice tutorial! I might use this soon, :smile: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m eternally dying. I made typical male hair that you see in TikTok and it has nearly 100K triangles and now that I reduce the size, it looks like deformed worms that have been spilt and is shaped to look like puddles of ice cream.

SO ANNOYING! :rofl: :rage:

4 Likes

How to make UGC hair in blender 2.8 (PT 2) a part 2 of this has been posted.

2 Likes

Thanks, ur tutorial helped me a lot

I made this

5 Likes