How to make High Quality GUI's?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make extremely high quality GUI’s. I’ve been trying to learn how to make some for awhile, but struggled much. I’ve seen some that are clearly amazing and I would like to learn how to myself as well. Can anyone give me some tips on how I could make good quality GUI’s?

13 Likes

I suggest searching through #learning-resources:tutorials and searching for introductory UI design tutorials. However, I think the best UIs combine graphic art, simple understanding of space and visual aesthetics, and base level knowledge of lua so that you can animate and add dimension to your menus or HUD.

If you can integrate all three of those things, one ImageButton could change the entire profitability or efficiency of a game. Good luck!

4 Likes

Here’s a few good tutorials I’ve used in the past:

10 Likes

What I do to create quality user interfaces is to look for inspiration. Pinterest has a lot of nice UI designs, just search up “UI Design”

When making the actual UI in studio, I make the assets in Adobe XD first, a program dedicated to UI designing.

After exporting the assets as PNGs, I’d recommend to run the assets through pixelfix to remove any rogue pixels.

Edit:
I created a more in-depth guide in this post:

16 Likes