How to make Mobile have more than 3 items in the Hotbar

I was wondering if you can make mobile have more than 3 items in the hotbar because it would make my experience 10x better for mobile players.

Thats all i want i just want to know how to do that

Thanks for everyone that helps :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

You can create your own custom hotbar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there anyway to do it without a custom hotbar…

because its hard to find a custom hotbar that is good for both PC and Mobile and i want it to adjust to the number of items a player has

There are two ways of doing it, one is just forking CoreGui and editing some properties and the other is using a backpack system I made which already solves that problem.

If you just only want to have more slots on mobile and that is all then just fork CoreGui but if you want a more robust and customizable fork of the CoreGui backpack that’s actively maintained, then consider using my backpack system.

Forking CoreGui BackpackScript

You can do it without a custom hotbar system by just forking the Roblox’s backpack system in CoreGui > Modules > BackpackScript and then changing line 58 to the amount of slots you want on mobile. You might need to enable viewing of CoreGui in Roblox Studio settings to see CoreGui in the Explorer.

Line 58:

local HOTBAR_SLOTS_MINI = 3 -- Change this to the # of slots you want on mobile

Using Satchel

Satchel, my backpack system, solves the mobile slot problem by just allowing for 6 slots on mobile be default. It’s pretty simple installation. Get the ModuleScript, drag into StarterPlayerScripts, and then you’re done.

Read the DevForum post below for more about Satchel:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the Resource but there is one minor problem but i dont really care about it but other people might and its that on smaller phones sense the slots arent scaled it overlaps the jump button when the player has 5 or 6 items.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.