How to make my wait() go quicker

So I was wondering if it possible to make the wait() go any faster than its default, for the project I am making it is too slow.

1 Like

No you cant, wait() runs at the clients framerate. So wait() will pause until the next frame of the client

1 Like

wait() normally goes 0.33 or 1/30th of a second. You can use RunService | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

There is no way you can make the default wait() go any faster than it is. If you want it to go faster, then I suggest that you don’t even add a wait() at all as there is no use for it.

And what would a replacement to wait() be?

RunService.Heartbeat:Wait()

or

RunService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()

end)
1 Like

I am using heartbeat now and it just makes it go to the maximum instantly, am I doing it right?

runService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()
		for i = 0, moneyAmount, 1 do
			moneyReward.Text = "+" .. i .. " Money"
		end
	end)

runService.Heartbeat:Connect(function()
	for i = 0, expAmount, 1 do
		expReward.Text = "+" .. i .. " Money"
	end
end)

wait() is generally set to 0.03 seconds from what I know, so just make it a value below that…
or you can use runservice.Hearbeat:Wait()

1 Like

You can use the following tutorials:

Alternative for wait()
Is there an alternative to wait()?

Note: wait() has no specific time to wait. It is a horrendously inconsistent amount of time.

In summary, an alternative to wait() is a harder process. The fastest you can make wait() is wait(0.1) or a fraction of that number. wait() waits for no specific time.

1 Like

wait() inconsistency is due to it being framerate reliant,
if you don’t want it to be framerate reliant your best bet is that second link you have given other-wise don’t wait at all??

1 Like