How to make Reserved Servers for Players

Hey Developers!,

So I wanted to make a reserved server and I don’t know what it means. So I think its like a private server but its not, its like a small server I guess.

does the servers duplicate?

And I wanted to know how to make one.

And please answer this can players join others Reserved servers?

Any help is good :smile:

2 Likes

So reserved servers are like private servers. You have a code that you need to join the server, and you can only join the server using the code. It does not have an owner, it just exists and is reserved for you as the owner of the game to send people into.

I’m not sure what this means but it does not affect the size of the server.

Not quite sure what you mean here but reserved servers are persistent meaning once you reserve a code, you can save that code and still use it even if the server itself does not have any players in it.

You my friend need to do a better job looking at the developer hub.. It has working code snippets for examples and gives you a description of everything.

If you mean “can other players join other player’s reserved servers”, then I should tell you that players don’t actually own reserved servers. A reserved server is just a server that is reserved for future reference. It has no real ‘owner’. That said, players cannot join reserved servers without the code, which you will control. You are the one who will manually be teleporting your players into the server via TeleportService.

A lot of your questions were answered in this topic:

9 Likes

TeleportService:ReserveServer reservers a server which players can only join or get teleported to that server if they have to code. Here is an example.

local player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer

local code = TS:ReserveServer(game.PlaceId) -- This will return a code which can be used to teleport the player or players

TS:TeleportToPrivateServer(game.PlaceId,code,{player}) -- If you wanted to teleport 1 person you would do {player} but if you wanted to teleport everyone you would get players from the players service then replace {player} with it.```
3 Likes

@6z3cho and @SSSpencer413 I got the reserved servers ready and working thanks for the help! :smile:

1 Like