How to make the camera follow ONLY the orientation of the players head instead of the position?

Gosh, all in one line, could you please format it for me?

Also it didn’t work and what is happening is… uhhh… i can’t even explain :skull: My character is just tweaking out like if he were crazy, like super crazy

I may be misunderstanding what you want. Can you try to explain further? Do you want the camera to stay in one place, or do you want it to follow the player? Are you trying to do something like HELLMET?

No, no, do you know that animations change the head orientation most of the time? Well, i want actually change the orientation to the player’s head orientation, but i never played hellmet or ever have watched any videos about it (just a little bit) but i don’t want it to stay on one place, i want it to rotate’s with the player’s head.

Try

local Head = character.Head

game:GetService("RunSerive").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
local X,Y,Z = Head.CFrame:ToOrientation()

local CameraPosition = Vector3.new(0,0,0) -- change to whatever you want the camera position to be
Camera.CFrame = CFrame.new(CameraPosition) * CFrame.Angles(X,Y,Z)
end)

That’s essentially what I suggested and he said it was wrong, so I don’t know :person_shrugging:

??? i didn’t said that bro i just said the script didn’t worked, my character was just tweaking

Are you trying to make an animated camera?

1 Like

No, Gosh i think it’s way too hard to explain what i want lol

Could you show us a few examples of what you want to achieve?

1 Like

I meant this,

The camera’s orientation goes with the animation

YES!! Exactly that! i want exactly that, but i may need some fake cameras for this or smth?

Change the CameraPosition to be Head.Position in the snippet provided by @Korpsii.

Wow, now i can’t rotate my camera, only jumping

No, it’s not necessary to have a fake head. You can use it with practically anything that’s a basepart.

Sadly, i only know how to make the camera only follow the Roll axis on the FakeCamera/Head (whichever you want the camera to follow.)

local Character = script.Parent
local Head = Character.Head

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
local _,_,Roll = Head:ToOrientation()

workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame *= CFrame.Angles(0,0,Roll)
end)

This post SHOULD help you, though.

1 Like

For some reason, it gave me this error: ToOrientation is not a valid member of Part "Workspace.Heitorsonic123508.Head"

Forgot to put CFrame there,

local Character = script.Parent
local Head = Character.Head

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
local _,_,Roll = Head.CFrame:ToOrientation()

workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame *= CFrame.Angles(0,0,Roll)
end)

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem, glad to help ya out. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.