How to make your roblox game load faster?

My game loads very slowly (around 30-45 seconds) and I was wondering how I could make my game load under 15 seconds.

When I get rid of my loading screen it looks as if the terrain and parts only load after 20 seconds.

I wasn’t sure if…

• I had too many scripts running from when the game is loaded
  • If there was too much terrain
  • Or if I had too many parts

I removed 20,000 voxels yet the loading time remained the same.

What I would like to know is: Is there a way to make the parts load after the terrain? Make the scripts load after everything else loads? Or any other solution?

8 Likes

I am interested in this topic too. Is there any way for the Dev’s to reduce the time overall?

Is there a way to make certain things load after the Game:IsLoaded() like the scripts don’t run until the game is loaded?

You could always check if a game is loaded with an if statement. I am not sure if there is an actual function that could do it instead of using an if statement though :smiley:.

Yes, there’s a game:IsLoaded() function but the thing I’m most worried about is younger players attention span. A 20 second wait is very long for most younger players… :worried:

2 Likes

Have you tried streaming enabled? How many cells of terrain does your game have? I had a slow game with a huge terrain map and when I switched to streaming enabled the join time is almost instant. The downside to that is if you have things very far away they will not be rendered or visible.

Yes, that’s the problem. My map looks great with all my lighting effects, terrain, and landmarks but they won’t be loaded if streaming is enabled… I’m curious if you could enable streaming enabled while loading and then turn it off when it’s done loading… I might try that…

Hey @TyPlays_YT!

Disclaimer

This question has been asked and answered constantly. I highly suggest you look a little deeper next time!

Redirect Links

My own link:

My exceptional friend @Mariofly5 's take on it.

Disclaimer

Building isn’t the heaviest part of load times, it contributes heavily yes. However when poor code is present, it is more impactful than a poorly optimized build. Only exceptions are horrible horrible maps.

Here’s an example of a horrible use of a mesh:
https://www.roblox.com/games/2918221866/BloodSprings-Place-Number-579

(Highly suggest you join it. There’s a 100k triangle sphere in the map. Point is you don’t cluster high concentrations of triangles in one area)

Hope it helped!

Cheers!

2 Likes

You can try optimizing your map, such as removing useless details (Details that aren’t always visible to the player). I’m not sure if you have already done this, but reduce voxels by removing all the terrain except the top, making it like a shell almost. I hope this helped! :grin:

1 Like

Hey, I checked all the replies, and personally non of them answers or satisfies your question.

Loading the game is entirely up to the specs of the device/computer. Internet connection, GPU, Graphics card, and other parts play the whole role in loading the game. For someone with a high-end spec PC can load it in 10 seconds for example.

Anyhow a loading screen is always good so they don’t see the game loading and make it more simple and satisfying looking. There is a way to reduce the time for everybody, by enabling Streaming Enabled. It loads only your render distance instead of the entire map, using less GPU and making it less laggy for low end PC users.

2 Likes