How to prevent exploits

So, I have some decent knowledge about exploiters such as the fact that they can possibly spam remotes. I became more cautious every time I fire an event off the to the server. The problem is I’m a little worried about the general exploiting system because I don’t think that this is the only way they can cheat the game. Anyone got any tips for how to approach an anti-exploit script? Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Well honestly, Roblox doesn’t have a good anti exploit prevention so it really all comes down to your moderators and your type of game

1 Like

Oh damn that actually sucks. I thought that there was a way to perfectly patch exploits.

Yeah same, I have a tip though: I made this thing before you when it detects an injected script, my game has a script that sends a message through discord with web hooks and it tells who injected the script so my mods can easily get to the exploiter

4 Likes

What do you mean by “general exploiting”? For movement you can verify the character position periodically and respawn players if they delete things off their characters etc. Plenty things you can do.

general exploiting meaning the whole exploitation system as a whole…your way of doing things only works for only a number of exploits. I thought there was a way to patch all of them at once, but I guess not. Gotta stick to trial and error…

Roblox Anti-Exploit is actually quite good. But if your game’s structure is poor Roblox can’t do anything about that. Do sanity checks on all information received from the client and you will be fine.

In Summary, Just keep your server secure and you’ll be fine.

If you want to write an anti-exploit that prevents common physics-based exploits, I have a resource just for that. I talk a bit more about security there.

4 Likes

What Roblox anti exploit? The only thing that may prevent exploiting on Roblox’s part is FilteringEnabled. Are you talking about the weekly patches of exploits? If so, there are always new ones right after the old ones get patched.