How to reduce lag in my game without removing game objects?

I am working on massive open-world game, and I added a lot of details to my game, and it started to lag, is there any way to decrease lag without removing my details?

Just few answers for common questions you may ask:
Does it have free models: No
Does it have viruses or malicious plugins: No
Does it have high usage scripts: No
How many bricks game has: 19,974 bricks

What I think would maybe help but I am not sure:
I may need to enable StreamingEnabled
I may need to add some kind of script that would reduce of how much stuff is rendered

But in most cases I have no idea what could help… If you want to ask how many bricks my game has right now the number of bricks is 19,974 bricks.

4 Likes

Besides lessening the scripts, there is no way that does not affect the game objects.

The best you could do is make sure you’re doing everything outlined here: Building Optimisation | Tips and tricks!

Anything else will require you to loose detail in some form or another.

1 Like

i mean you could create a script that only renders blocks that are lets say, 350 studs away from the player and merge that with a fog lighting effect. that way the player’s PC would’nt have to render all 19k parts, only the parts that are being used/ the player can see.

Although, this might cause lag on second thought. because you’d constantly be moving parts from server storage to the work-space. - especially if some of your models have high part count as moving them from sever storage to work-space is more likely to make your game have a lag spike.

I would highly recommend you enabling Streaming Enabled. Streaming Enabled is a new feature that allows players to have faster join times and allowing less powerful PC’s, Laptops, Tablets and console to load into games a lot faster.

3 Likes

If you can show more images of your map, maybe we can help a bit more. The image you have provided doesn’t show anything more than terrain and a few hundred parts.

1 Like