How to return the player's jump power value without any exploiters catching it

basically if the server fires an event to the client i would make sure that it will be a fake remote function which would lead them into a kick

the real remote function would return it
but i want to return it to the server safely like some sanity check

1 Like

You can see the JumpPower attribute of the Roblox Humanoid from the server. As long as your JumpPower value isn’t being changed by a client-sided script, this should be fully protected.

There’s no real need for excessive remote events for this.

Hope this helps,
-Tom :slight_smile:

1 Like

im getting info from the client so i made a fake one which would look obvious as a real event but it turns out to be fake tho then it would kick them

and the real remote function would return it

1 Like

This ultimately seems like a massive waste of time and resources to create a fake remote event to spy on exploiters using it, personally I wouldn’t bother.

1 Like

That only catches basic script kiddies that hardly know how to exploit.

Anyone worth their salt can dodge that.

2 Likes

it will look something very obvious to them if you havent read this topic yet i recommend you to do so

1 Like

I’m very confused at what you’re doing, you don’t need any remote events to get the JumpPower value from the Humanoid - so why are you trying to create a fake one to try and catch out an exploiter?

Why wouldn’t you just not have any and have no security vulnerability?

1 Like

they are remote functions not remote events any game even small games have security on their end and if you dont have security on your game then it would be super easy to exploit that game without any security

It’s impossible. Exploiters can just spoof the return value for any property, they don’t need to touch whatever remote system you have at all.

Ok but even with Remote Functions, why are you using them in the first place? It’s completely unnecessary.

this is for jump power bc i cant get any info when it is gonna get changed on the server btw

here is an example of what im doing right now

example

Yes you can, whenever it’s changed you can use AttributeChanged on the server. Unless you’re changing the JumpPower on the client which won’t be replicated to the server anyway so you should change it to the sever.

does it have a parameter that tells its value?

Humanoid.JumpPower returns it’s value. I think you’re approaching this from an entirely wrong point of view, why can’t you see it change? You should be changing it on the server in the first place, so communication between the client and the server is unnecessary. You’re saying that you’re creating better security, but you’re unnecessarily creating 4 remotes that can be exploited by the client.

no im changing the jump power from the client and it should not replicate on the server then how would i make something to get the value of jumpower on the client and return it into the server?

What is the context behind this?

If you’re deliberately changing the JumpPower on the client so that the server can’t see it, you’re creating a lot of issues because whenever the player jumps the server will predict the player will be in a different place.

then ill just check the magnitude if they are too high above the baseplate is that a good idea?

Don’t Humanoids replicate? You can store on the server what the JumpPower should be and always listen for changes with Humanoid:GetPropertyChangedSignal("JumpPower") to reset it back to the right value using a server script.

but if i change the jump power on the client then this event wouldnt run right?