How to Rig a Car

Like this?

Yes. You can also put one of the limits under the wheel (Which looks like youā€™ve already done).

Seems to work! I set the Limits a bit more downwards, so I can simulate the wheels hanging (i.e. gap in road). Thanks!!

1 Like

I am working on eliminating Video 2 on rigging with a new car rigging plugin. Hereā€™s a demo of it so far. Hopefully it helps streamline this process greatly:

Roblox: Car Rig Plugin Demo - YouTube

5 Likes

Why does my car randomly fling around like anything when I run the game? All the constraints are exactly the same as his one, the only difference is that am using my own car model (it just has the four wheels, not separate physical wheels). Is it probably the reason? I have also set the masses correctly.
EDIT: That was a problem with the springs, although I used the exact same configuration as sleitā€™s it still was flinging around. Probably due to the car mass or something. Whatever, tweaked the springs and its fixed.

Hello, I am on the last step and this is happening.

Disgusting bug - YouTube

It looks like you might have welded the physical wheels non-centered to the visual wheels. Either that, or the attachments arenā€™t centered. Either will cause the wheels to wobble since the center of rotation is off.

Sorry for the late response, but my PhysicalWheels are centered and I have tried centering the attachments, however, it automatically uncenters them

Can this be turned into a plug in? I doby wanna switch screens to rig a car

How did you make this? [I tried to use the tutorial but it didnā€™t work]

I followed the tutorial and it worked

A better way for @Reset4319806 to do is when pressing F, instead of making the player jump, Iā€™d teleport him right beside the car since he wants it to be more like those car simulators. Another cool way would be to use proximity prompt for entering the vehicle instead of touching it. Lmk if you have any questions!

Just slightly delayed, by alot.

Sorry, Iā€™m not getting what you meant by delayed. Do you mean I replied late or the script? :sweat_smile:

With some work of ackerman steering and a wholesome rigging tuteriol, I now have a fully rigged Porsche! Ackerman Steering Video

1 Like

How would I do this for sphere physical wheels inside of cylinder ones?

You are supposed to replace the cylinder ones with a sphere, not put anything inside them.

Why is this happening?

Original car:

Edit: I changed the freelength and this happened.

I apologise, I meant to say instead of cylinder ones, not inside oops