How to save data with profile service

I have some things that need to happen to the players data when the player.Leaving event is fired but i have no idea how to tell profile server that that is the point when it should release the session lock. It seems like profile service just automatically saves the data which is too risky for me cause what if it releases the data while im still editing it?

I can’t find it on the documentation and im a pretty advanced scripter so just literally send the code bc its not spoonfeeding.

7 Likes

I believe this would be better suited for #help-and-feedback. You can change the category a post is on by clicking the pencil icon then clicking the drop down option for the category. Example:

6 Likes

This isnt the right category.

However, you should manually release the profile on PlayerRemoving. It has also been said that editing the data “last second” (when the player is leaving) is not good either

4 Likes

First of all, This belongs in #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support, and Second of all, You would require the Module

2 Likes

please double check before posting

5 Likes

bro theres no info on there, its literally just auto saved

i just noticed

at this point i dont know maybe like use DataStoreService instead of ProfileService because it doesnt autosave and it has something like “UpdateAsync” that prevents dataloss