How to script on roblox

Hi, Sorry for choosing the wrong categories.
Anyways I want to learn how to script on roblox and what is the best way to learn scripting on roblox?

developer.roblox.com is and will always be the best method for learning Roblox Lua, coupled with dissecting and improving free models, for optimal practice and not just re-writing things in YouTube tutorials.

So what is the best youtuber to learn from?

I don’t recommend using YouTube tutorials; please thoroughly read what I wrote.

1 Like

Here is a very good post on how to learn scripting

Credit to @StrongBigeMan9

I’m currently learning from this Code Fundamentals (roblox.com) it is really good

1 Like

Alright thanks I will check this out

1 Like

I did used developer.roblox.com but I did understand some of them

Best YouTubers to learn from is actually the smaller ones however, you might want to try the Lua Learning game, some great tutorials on it

1 Like

Alright thank you.
I will try that

I am perfectly fine if you learn through listening to tutorials from TheDevKing or AlvinBlox, this is the way I learned and I its okay and interesting. However you wont really script until u make a project on ur own and then u will find out u need to do a lot of extra search and this is when DevHub and DevForum really become essential

1 Like

Please search before posting, as there are already a million of these topics with plenty of usefull YT videos and resources.

Anyways, I learned from the DevHub.

I actually learned on my own.
I started by playing around with freemodels in the toolbox. I’d read the code, figure out what things did, and put the pieces together.
About 6 months into doing that, I could do a LOT of things.
Albeit it’s not the best advice, it’s the best way to learn (combined with using developer.roblox).

Alright I will try everyones
How do I closed the topic :sweat_smile:

1 Like