How to send a table from client to server

because that dosent work either sadly thats why i posted this topic, using a removeevent willl also send out an empty table

btw ill be right back in a couple of minutes so sorry if didnt respond to any upcoming messages

i tried with remote event and it worked??? somehow

A theory I have is that your storing instances of gui objects into a table from the client, but when you send the table to the server those instances don’t exist on the server because it’s only client sided, which could be why your getting an empty table

1 Like

I tried with remote function too, still prints {…}

look it worked because you sent out a table that already contained values, but the reason it sends an empty table for me is because the table is originally empty but i ADDED to it and the server does not see the ADDED values, but you did not add any value with a script you just made the original table filled with values, thus making the defualt table seen by the server

idk if this is clear but in conclusion the server dosent see any changes in the client and when i send a table to the server it sees it as the original version (the version where it was empty)

what is the Cart.CartOfGamesFolder, and is possible that the guiobjects could be client sided only, causing the server to look at the table and not find anything because they’re client sided objects?

1 Like

omg that worked thank you so much the gui elements cant be viewed in the server but when i add the names of the values to the table it SEE IT!!!

By the way why do you need to send gui object instances to the server in the first place? Maybe we could help figure out a different method to get your solution

i didnt want to send gui elements i just wanted to send the names of them but i forgot to add v.Name to it

1 Like

Damn I had a feeling you wanted to send the names cause I don’t know why somebody would want to send instances xd

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.