How to set a part to air?

How do i set a material to air? When i type “(my part).material = Enum.material.air” and close out of the script, in the material section of the part it still says (my previous material)

2 Likes

Enum.Material.Air is a terrain material (Air is basically invisible) it is not a part material.

5 Likes

“Air” is not a Material, even you use that script “(my part).Material = Enum.Material.Air”.

You can use:

local Part = script.Parent[“PartName”]
Part.Transparency = 0

2 Likes

Like the others said, air isn’t a material. If you want air, you can just make a part transparent by setting the transparency to 1. There is a ForceField material that is kinda like air though.

2 Likes

The only instance where air is a material is the Humanoid.FloorMaterial and even returning it from the Humanoid.FloorMaterial wont work, you cannot get Air as a material from anything else

1 Like

You could just delete the part or you could set the transparency to 1 and disable collisions.

1 Like

Why do you want to set a Part’s Material to air? What purpose does it serve?

1 Like

from what I heard, setting the material to air gets rid of all possible reflections when you put a decal or texture over the part.

1 Like
local part = script.Parent --change this to where your part is located

part.Transparency = 0
part.CanCollide = false
1 Like

“From what I heard”… Where did you hear this information?

If you look here you’ll find that when you are concerned about Lighting affecting a decal you should use a SurfaceGui

1 Like

I heard it from here: How to make a normal map effect also, thanks for the info about decals.

2 Likes