How to stop player from walking over ball/sphere (soccer ball)

Can i see a gif or something of you walking into this said ball? I wanna see how it looks

1 Like

To answer the question itself, can you try messing around with the slope angle property? Taking a HUGE guess, but that might fix it.

1 Like

I cannot find it… I will try to recreate it!. However I do also remember that an arm-only animation over the climb animation made it kinda cool! It looked like you stopped the ball with your foot.

Have you tried just dropping the humanoids max walking angle?

1 Like

no, sadly it doesnt seem to be the issue

1 Like

You could try:

• Making a cylinder
  • Setting the cylinder to be invisible and massless
  • Create a ball socket constraint between the cylinder and the ball
  • Constantly move the cylinder above the ball with a RunService event, body gyro, or newer equivalent

Or you could try:

• Making a tall cylinder with a ball welded to the end. Set the cylinder to masses and invisible. Set the ball to invisible. Adjust the physical properties of the ball a bit (probably friction).
  • Adding something to keep the assembly upright (BodyGyro, newer equivalent, or code)
  • Adding a cosmetic ball welded (use a weld constraint) to the invisible ball. Update the ball’s Orientation with a RunService event based on it’s speed.
  • Con: might behave a little unrealistically since ball isn’t actually rolling (angular momentum doesn’t exist/do anything) (depends on how your game works, if the ball stays on the ground it should be fine and it probably won’t be noticeable anyways)
1 Like

how did you achieve this effecT?

1 Like

the whole time this solution worked i just had to scale the settings with my balls size. im sorry for wasting yall time and thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.